General Meeting and Continuing Education Seminar
The Balancing Act: Finding Harmony & Results with Instrumentation
By: Liz Cappelli Burian RDH
Tuesday May 21, 2013
Registration Begins at 5:45pmHandlery Hotel 950 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108
- Understand the need to organize instruments into Procedural Set-UPs.
- Identify the many power and hand instrumentation options to make your job easier.
- Implement strategies to obtain the instruments that you need.
- Create varied set-ups to accommodate your varied patient population.
- Combine hand and power scaling to take advantage of the benefits of each technique.
- Incorporate power scaling tips into hand instrument set-ups to improve efficiency.
Hand Scaling Innovations
- Add curettes with rigid shanks to improve deposit removal on perio-set ups.
- Consider alternative universal curette designs to enhance access and crown clearance.
- Try the new Nevi® scaler designs that can enhance any procedural set-up.
- Use Everedge® Technology scalers to improve sharpness retention.
- Add a DiamondTechTM Scaler to perio set-ups to increase success in difficult scaling areas
- Select from the extensive variety of the Gracey family of curettes to build set-ups that address a variety of patient conditions.
- Avoid the temptation of replacing worn out scalers with inferior and unsafe remanufactured products. the practice is not as cost effective as it appears.
Building your Procedural Set-Up
- Consider the minimal cost per use of high quality scaler that performs well and lasts longer.
- Develop an instrument budget for regular replacement of hand and power scalers.
What About S.P.I.T.?
By: Druann Andrecht, RDH
SDCDHS 75th Anniversary Party!Tuesday March 23, 2013 at 5:45 p.m. Handlery Hotel 950 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108
The ultimate goal of the dental hygiene profession is to treat disease, stop progression of disease, maintain health, and ultimately eradicate oral disease. For most of our patient recare appointment we concentrates on home care protocol education. Ever notice that when your patient returns for their recare visit, their mouth is generally in the same condition as that last visit? Albert Einstein once said,” Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and ex-pecting different results.”Perhaps it is time to take a new approach to your educational discussion. What if you changed it up and talked about S.P.I.T? This course will offer you the opportunity to broaden your scope of patient education regarding S.P.I.T.; Saliva, pH levels, and Integrating Therapies. Create a new vision for your patient and perhaps this will motivate and bring them closer to the goal of eradicating disease?
2 CEUs for the lecture
As a result of this session participants will be able to:
Identify two ways Saliva can be used as a diagnostic tool instead of blood
- Describe potential effects of low pH beverages and foods on health
- Develop a plan to Integrate Therapies with the medical and alternative medicine teams
1 CEU for visiting Student Table Clinics
Title: CDHA House of Delegates
Location: Long Beach Hilton
Link out: Click here
Description: Continue to watch for more information. SDCDHS members in good standing interested in being a candidate for delegate contact Susan Clark, President at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sneha Patel, Editor at email@example.com. Elections will be held at the February 2013 General Meeting. Candidates will need to send a picture and 125 word biography to be printed in the December/January Bulletin.
Start Date: 2013-05-31
End Date: 2013-06-02
Title: SDCDHS General Meeting
Location: King’s Inn, 1333 Hotel Circle South, SD 92108
Description: Look for the Registration Form in the September SDCDHS Bulletin.
Start Time: 5:45pm
The San Diego County Dental Hygienists’ Society website was created to publicize our component, keep our members informed, and attract a broader audience. We will use this site to get the word out about our organization and to create a better sense of community amongst our members.
This website will also serve as a resource for the residents of San Diego County that want to know more about the role oral health plays in obtaining and maintaining overall health.