- This event has passed.
CE Seminar: April 24, 2021 “INFECTION PREVENTION-CLOSE TO PERFECTION” & “CALIFORNIA DENTAL PRACTICE ACT AND YOU!”
April 24 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Please join SDCDHS for our upcoming CE SEMINAR!
APRIL 24, 2021 “INFECTION PREVENTION-CLOSE TO PERFECTION” & “CALIFORNIA DENTAL PRACTICE ACT AND YOU!”
Speaker: Tricia Osuna RDH, BSDH, FAADH
Description of Courses
“INFECTION PREVENTION-CLOSE TO PERFECTION”
Infection Control recommendations and guidelines from OSAP, IPAC, CDC and various state as well as provincial resources will be presented and discussed. Infection control review with the office team aids in follow through in the office on a day-to-day basis as well as development of office systems.
- Recognize the specific requirements and how they can be incorporated into every day practice
- Differentiate the guidelines for various sterilization process: hand washing and patient protection
- Demonstrate effective cleaning and disinfectant techniques in the operatory
- Distinguish what changes are necessary in your office setting
“CALIFORNIA DENTAL PRACTICE ACT AND YOU!“
This course will provide and overview of the California Dental Act and will discuss current changes in the law, risk management, and infection control issues. It will keep you and your staff up to date with regulations affecting your practice.
- Scope of Practice
- Requirements for renewal of a license
- Use of Auxiliaries in dental practice
- Laws governing the prescribing of drugs
- Acts in Violation of Dental Practice Act
- Dental Board Enforcement Program
- Pending Regulations
April 24, 2021 from 8:30am to 1:00pm (BREAK 10:30am-11:00am)
4 CE units will be provided to attendees
Cost: $50 RDH/RDHAP Members of SDCDHS/CDHA, RDA, DDS, DMD Members of their respective professional organization
$25 Dental Hygiene Students
$100 Potential RDH/RDHAP members
Meeting will begin at 8:30AM with SDCDHS announcements
Course will follow immediately after and continue until 1pm
Link for Zoom access will be sent day of the program
CE certificates to be sent upon receipt of Course evaluation
Please include your license number and Proper Name for CE Certificate.