General Meeting and Continuing Education Seminar
The Balancing Act: Finding Harmony & Results with Instrumentation
By: Liz Cappelli Burian RDH
Tuesday May 21, 2013
Registration Begins at 5:45pmHandlery Hotel 950 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108
- Understand the need to organize instruments into Procedural Set-UPs.
- Identify the many power and hand instrumentation options to make your job easier.
- Implement strategies to obtain the instruments that you need.
- Create varied set-ups to accommodate your varied patient population.
- Combine hand and power scaling to take advantage of the benefits of each technique.
- Incorporate power scaling tips into hand instrument set-ups to improve efficiency.
Hand Scaling Innovations
- Add curettes with rigid shanks to improve deposit removal on perio-set ups.
- Consider alternative universal curette designs to enhance access and crown clearance.
- Try the new Nevi® scaler designs that can enhance any procedural set-up.
- Use Everedge® Technology scalers to improve sharpness retention.
- Add a DiamondTechTM Scaler to perio set-ups to increase success in difficult scaling areas
- Select from the extensive variety of the Gracey family of curettes to build set-ups that address a variety of patient conditions.
- Avoid the temptation of replacing worn out scalers with inferior and unsafe remanufactured products. the practice is not as cost effective as it appears.
Building your Procedural Set-Up
- Consider the minimal cost per use of high quality scaler that performs well and lasts longer.
- Develop an instrument budget for regular replacement of hand and power scalers.