SDCDHS is proud to support the San Diego community!
- San Diego Community Dental Clinics
- San Diego VA Clinics
- U.S. Dental Clinic locator
- Covered California / Dental Coverage
EVENTS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Oral Health Assessments for Preschoolers and Kindergartners:
RDH and RDHAP dental professionals are needed from time to time to provide Oral Health Assessments for Preschoolers and Kindergartners. Personal Professional Liability is recommended and sometimes required by certain organizations. If you would like more information, or to be placed on the contact list when volunteers are needed, please email Joan Vrielink-Capito, RDH, BS at joan.vrielink-capito@sdcounty.
Flying Samaritans – San Diego State University (SDSU)
RDH and RDHAPs, would you like to volunteer with the SDSU Flying Samaritan Chapter? Once a month, the student-run organization heads to Tijuana, Mexico to provide free dental services. RDH and RDHAPs are needed to provide dental hygiene services. The pre-dental and pre-dental hygiene students run the program, and shadow licensed dental professionals. This is a great volunteer opportunity to not only give back, but a chance to also be a mentor to our future colleagues!
- Clinics will held the second Saturday of the month for June and July (passport required)
- One (1) space available for a provider for Saturday, June 8th.
- Open space available for Saturday, July 13th.
- Beginning in August, the clinic will be held on the second Sunday of the month (passport required)
- Open space available for Sunday, August 11th.
If you are unable to volunteer your time, but would still like to help; you can! They are always in need of supply donations. If your office would like donate supplies, or unused dental equipment, the SDSU Flying Samaritans would love to be the recipient. (SDSU Flying Samaritan is a Student-Run Non-Profit Organization. Your donation is tax-deductible). For more information or to sign up to be added to their volunteer list, please contact Kevin Adams, the Dental Clinic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We are working on adding more volunteer Community Health opportunities for 2019. Please check back regularly!*